Scroll up...

Discussion in 'Site Policy and Rule Announcements' started by RonaldRaygun, May 25, 2012.

1. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
  2. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    That is exactly what I said.
    Anyway, in maybe a year, when the BW pros have had enough time to practice SC2, they will hold their own with the top SC2 players, but there is never going to be a point when SC2 is dominated by them. They are not better at RTS gaming, and if SC2 is slightly easier than BW, it hardly matters. Both games have an infinite skill ceiling. If you have to devote less apm to moving your army in SC2, then you can use it for other stuff, but you will still never have enough to do everything. The same amount of skill can be shown in both games.
  3. esac1122 Team Fortress 2 Branch Head

Message Count:
  4. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
  5. C_G Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  6. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Benerfe - I love ya but terran is obviously by hard the most difficult to play no contest. The concept of terran is a primitive one. You collect resources then make buildings and build shit out of those buildings. In sc1 there were talks of terran being taken out and instituting another race in place of it due to how primitive it was. It wasn't until bomber came long and actually used this new concept foreign to zergs - micro. He used what many felt was the weakest unit in the game, the marine, and actually killed lurkers with them through intense and rigorous splitting and converging.

We're talking about a race where half your units are op melee where if you can just hit injects and if you happen to morph your lair into a hive wins you the game. The map hack, creap, makes it impossible for terran to move ahead and end the game in the mid-game which is what most find ideal. A terran has to constantly scan, drop, do any form of harass on top of it alot actual time for where to put rax, when to put rax, when to expand, when to put natural defenses and where to place siege lines.

In TVZ the attacking burden relies on terran, even in TVP. We are shit late game, and even mid-game we're not that great. We have to rely on constantly being cognoscente of the time and trying to deny tech and bases through the most rigorous multi-pronged attacks you cannot even fathom.

When marching through creap I have to deny the zerg third. Terran isn't like Protoss, where Protoss is efficient enough to just have to deny the Zerg fourth/fifth Terran must deny the third. If we march through and get our shit surrounded by lings (notice how the lings are just mass and a-move) or fungled it's gg.

On top of that when you actually by the grace of the xel naga do get to the zerg third and siege it up, you need to kill it quickly. and when you do kill you, you need to acknowledge the fact that push is actually lost and you need to re-macro by going back grabbing your own third and alotting time and effort into making buildings and getting upgrades among other crap. Keep dropping, splitting, good tank splits and you just might win the game.

That is, of course, if the zerg didn't get to hive.

As for pedro, waaaah I used to play brood war I'm an elitist I played the real thing! It took me fucking 5 minutes to get a goddamn tank out of my base in brood war. Certain things in brood war made shit broken. Lurkers on a bridge, abriter/dragoon shuttle rushes on island bases. It takes skill to play brood war but it's not the defining thing in showing you're good in Starcraft. Hell, Flash lost to desrow.. desrow! Some no name from Canada! People who usually brag about being a brood war pro probably have never played it, sit and fester in bronze with that kind of attitude.
    pedro3131 likes this.
  7. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    You hear that? The best RTS player of all time lost to this guy in sc2.
    [IMG]
  8. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    This is some intense shit you guys.
  9. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    More importantly, competitive gaming sucks and somehow manages to be more boring than real, physical sports.
  10. pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    Sc2 just never captured me like bw did. I don't have fun unless I'm plying monobattles or some custom game, and even half the time there it's meh.
  11. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    Could it be that bronze league games aren't fun?
    I mean, I don't think playing tee-ball with a bunch of 3 year old kids would be very fun compared to an actual game of baseball.
  12. Unillogical Ex-Admin

Message Count:
    Just so you guys know, when I'm finished with University the chatbox will be implemented, but please don't let me interrupt your Starcraft discussion :p

edit: apparently I already said that & forgot, never mind this was a pointless post, carry on talking about Terran.
  13. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Also, the "Expand Recent Status Update" button? Or will the updates be replaced by the Chatbox?