Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Leutenant_Germany, Nov 6, 2011.

1. pharoahjared Member

Message Count:
    i was in the third grade so i threw marijuana in the same boat as alcohol and tobacco
  2. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    But we are talking about right now. Why do you hate marijuana now? Particularly why do you want it illegal. You can hate it, but even Kal recognizes the problem criminalization is causing.
  3. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Time is money. You just fell behind and others have pulled ahead.
    Sorry, but in this society, you kind of need every avantage that you can manage to get. A loss of brain cells isn't exactly desirable. And no, I can't assume that they are dumber than me automatically [they may have had a higher base brain cell count], but I'm pretty sure that I can pull ahead easily, especially since they spend alot of their time, money, etc. high, rather that working, punctuated by safer leasure activites.
    I may be confusing this one with another drug but... apparently it reduces fertility/deforms ability to have healthy offspring. Amoung other side effects. Again, not too desirable.
    To the first:
    Maybe so, maybe not. The loss of productivity can be just as fatal though.
    To the second:
    Insulting me does nothing but lower the ligitimacy of your argument.
    To the third:
    Parhaps, but do you see them doing it frequently? How many of them have long since quite before the serious effects kicked in? I know that Obama has admitted to it, but do you see him smoking cannabis? The answer is no. And he has admitted to trying to quit cigarretts. How many successful, non-celebrity people do you see smoking cannabis?
  4. pharoahjared Member

Message Count:
    When you hate something long enough you can not accept it's proliferation. Though i do not mind medicinal use of pot
  5. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I have never seen a good argument against pot, most people who do argue against it have some sort of taboo or like to think their better then them for not smoking it. It's pretty ridiculous.

Where do you live Arizona? Maybe It's because your from hick town USA. It's so common place in my high school that I actually did a class project where I took an anonymous survey of the class to see who smoked pot and how frequently. Not only did 85% smoke pot, but something like 15% did every day.

My school has two smokers pits, both have 1 or 2 dealers in them all lunch hour. There's a guy living in a house down the street who sells to the street level guys. The convenience store down the street openly sells bongs pipes and papers to students. It's really pretty normal for people to smoke weed just outside the school.

Welcome to Canada.

It has nothing to do with willpower. It's about having fun when your bored, people trying to make it more then that I really don't understand. Are you somehow powerful member of the master race not for smoking pot kali? Had no idea.

That video is for anyone who thinks pot kills brain cells.
  6. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Minus all of the scientifically proven ill effects of smoking it? In addition to the social, political, and economic impacts? Have you ever really examined a comprehensive debate?
  7. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    I can live knowing that my brain's development is a few hours behind some others.

Holy hell, do you think that people who smoke do it all day every day? No. Only complete pothead douche bags do.

Steroids. And they are undesirable.

Are you under the impression that people just shut off from smoking pot? Wtf?

Nigger.

I don't watch people reproduce you pervert.

THERE ARE NO SERIOUS EFFECTS!!
    Him and everybody else.
    Nope. Why would I?
    I know. I said no.
    That's because cigarettes are bad for you...
    My dealer has a lot of money lol. But really I see quite a few.

You seem to have very strewn misconceptions about marijuana and marijuana smoker especially. We are humans you know.[braces for poor "they are less than human" joke].
  8. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    I never stated that you are less than human. But the fact remains that the cannibus smoking community is not exactly the pinnicle of society. Maybe you can control your addiction. What of the vast majority of the others? Or the few that drag down and beat to death the 'good' image of your practice? Last I checked, the cannibus smoking community is mostly populated by people who have significantly less to contribute to either the people around them or to society. And even if they don't want to contribute [which they are not required to in most societies] they should not be dragging down the rest of the society by becoming dependent on them and burdening the system, which has to [under the current laws, particuarly in the U.S.] provide money to people who do little more than sit around all day getting high while collecting money from hardworking taxpayers. Do what you want with your body, just don't affect me with it and its not my problem/buisness.
  9. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Watch the video I posted. Although I'm sure all your sources are credible non-american officials with very fair methods when they aren't actually allowed to test in normal situations.

LOL. Addiction. You don't know shit. It's really disturbing you lecturing us on the effects of pot.
  10. pharoahjared Member

Message Count:
    I live in Arizona and what kali said is correct from what i can tell
  11. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Oh, and it's worth mentioning that I know someone who's been smoking pot for over 50 years now. She seems to be doing just fine. (whatever the hell you were suggesting happens to us, Imperial)
  12. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    http://www.nida.nih.gov/infofacts/marijuana.html
    Ligitimate enough? Western enough?

I exercise my right to call you an idiot. Just because it is rigidly enforced in the East does not mean that the West [who also has illegalized it in many places :eek:] does not have evidence of why it should be illegal. I can go to either side of the ocean and get the same information from different governments. Even countries that have legalized it know the effects of using it.
    Note: Not saying whether it should be legalized or not, just responding to the idiocy of the responce post.
  13. Kalalification Guest

Lamp, just like any recreational drug, marijuana exists to distort your thoughts and lessen your control over your own mind. It's no better than alcohol, LSD, or heroin in that regard. Anyone who willingly submits control over their mental faculties for something as petty and transient as a high is no real man.
  14. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    You are absolutely the most uneducated and ignorant person on these forums. Please disregard all facts, all my prior statements, and pull pseudo-scientific statements out your ass, you are a fucking genius.
  15. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    I'm not sure how well an ethos of honour will work in this situation Kali...

@ The Shaw
    Miss my link?
  16. Kalalification Guest

Of course marijuana should be legal, there's simply not a real argument to be made by the opposition. But those who use marijuana recreationally are not respectable. To surrender your mind for a base pleasure is weak, sickly behavior.
  17. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Never said my position. Just pointing out the research done.
  18. MayorEmanuel Do not weep, for salvation is coming.

Message Count:
    Pot is not a wonder-drug, marijuana users are stuck where cigarette smokers were in the 50's.
  19. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    Depends on where do you draw the line. I go drinking quite often during the week ends for my pleasure. That is not bad, is it? Alcoholism is different story....
  20. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    I am pretty sure The Shaw only exists on this planet to argue for the legalization of marijuana, if it was actually legalized he wouldn't know what to do with himself and he would litterally implode because his life would have no meaning or value.