Skyrim, First thoughts and experiences?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Vamuke, Nov 10, 2011.

1. JJ12354 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I so want my next character to be a werewolf. I hear one of the factions lets you become one eventually (I know what it is but I'm not saying what it is in case someone doesn't want to know). How powerful is the werewolf form and can you control when you turn into one?
  2. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    You can control, yes and its insanely power full:

!!!SPOILER!!!
    You can two hit gigants, roar and every one starts hopelesly runing away and you can restore your health by every corpse

Anyway this game is fucking badass yata yata yata... I have a problem and Bethesda wont do a damn thing to aid me:
    Basically I cannot see fire at all. Where as I can see some fire some where, I dont see it, when I'm casting a spell, dragon's firing on me nor on fire places. Also when I cast the spell that is supposed to lead me to my current objective... Same thing. I also cannot see my summons >.>

I suspect, that it is my GPU, but I have no idea how to handle it. I re installed the game and nothing. Some one, anyone, HELP MEH!
  3. Vamuke Member

Message Count:
    "M'aiq's father was also called M'aiq. As was M'aiq's father's father. At least, that's what his father said."
  4. noelsoong This machine does not require caffeine to operate.

Message Count:
    Try this. Go into a city, turn into a werewolf then kill every killable character as the werewolf. Run away then once you turn back to normal travel to the city and loot the dead bodies. They don't know who did it XD
  5. JJ12354 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I thought you get 1000 gold bounty if you're seen turning into a werewolf? Also, today, I am PISSED after hearing of this:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/326411/skyrim-ps3-players-report-crippling-lag/

I want to go trade in the game, I don't care if I make a loss on it really. I'm going to go for the PC version in a few months, I can still play this on my computer pretty much, even if I have to tune the graphics down. Amazing game, but FUCKED UP BEYOND BELIEF on this console. My avatar kind of sums up my mood right now.
  6. Vamuke Member

Message Count:
    Honestly I can't stand the PS3 to begin with, Xbox is where it's at, and xbox seems to get patches first in all areas, might be something to do with it's association with Microsoft ;)

Also finaly managed the Golden Touch achievment... Now that is an endurance one >.<
  7. Omandel Active Member

Message Count:
    did anyone else lol at the hangover quest
  8. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Theres a hangover quest? where?? TELL ME NAO!!!!
  9. Omandel Active Member

Message Count:
    Go to the inn in Falkreath or whatever its called
  10. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    This game is freakin' awesome.

the first glitch I encountered was when I killed the first Dragon at the Western Watchtower, when I returned there after the bones launched straight into the air and over the mountain directly ahead of the watchtower.
    second glitch was, I found 2 giants in a camp near the 7000 steps, my Housecarl, Lydia, the one that the Jarl of Whiterun gave me, ran towards the giants after firing a few arrows, she got knocked on the head with a club and went flying.

I hadn't seen her for half an hour after that little endeavour. I killed the giants after, though :D
  11. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    I think PC Gamer did a video featuring the second glitch.
  12. JJ12354 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Got the PC version and took back the PS3 version after talking to some hardware gurus on Bethesda forums who said it would look better on my PC and play with similar FPS. Still looks damn good and plays quite well so far. Little bit of stuttering sometimes but that's the extent of the lag really.
  13. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    It happened to me again, this time, there was one giant herding 2 mammoths.

I died, damn those mammoths, and damn those sissy Imperial guards for just standing there doing nothing!
  14. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    You should download some preformance enhancers both for PC & for Skyrim. Skyrim uses only 2g of ram for instance and you can shut down some programs on the back round of your PC
  15. JJ12354 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Know of any good performance enhancers? What settings are you playing the game on by the way, also would giving more RAM and shutting down background programs make any significant difference?
  16. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    Yes, I have this PC 1000€ nothing too too fancy, but it will run most games higher performance.

I'm runing Skyrim on Custom settings. I put high settings & increased view distances to max.

For general PC performance enchanter I suggest Game Booster (free) it shuts down unnecessary programs on the back round & new version also has option to run game with it, which increases performance even more. (Says that it improves my PC by 42%)

Skyrim specific:

Skyrim better performance - I dont know what it did, but now I'm able to run Skyrim between High & Ultra settings (Custom) instead of bit higher than medium.

Large Address Aware - This is the one, that allows Skyrim to use more than just 2 gigs of RAM. I have not yet installed this myself, but I will tomorrow & I'm confident, that this will work.
  17. Vamuke Member

Message Count:
    Hangover quest can be started in any Inn guys, just start the drinking contest with the random guy in there, great quest but I accidently skipped several steps of it by running into the Hagraven prematurely
  18. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    I wonder if there's a certain place you can go to that if not done in order with the entire game, skips the main quest up to that point like in Fallout 3, where you could go and get Dad, at Tranquility Lane. I stumbled upon that glitch at my very first playthrough, while pissing around looting stuff :D

Also, can you keep the Dog Barbas? He's following me right now, but he's friggin' annoying. The damned Dog keeps pushing me while i'm trying to grab stuff, he goes in my way, and he makes me set off traps.

Is this Bitch trying to kill me?!?!
  19. pottman Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  20. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    I just beat that quest today.

I think you can turn into a werewolf, but I hadn't in the time I was there. This man gives you a ring, that makes you turn into a werewolf at random, but it gets taken away on completion of the quest. That's all I know from that.