Skyrim, First thoughts and experiences?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Vamuke, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    That reminds me... I wish that you could establish your own holds and such. Morrowind allowed you to make your own manor-city. I've been hoping that Betheda would expand in that direction some.
  2. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Eh, it would add to the massiveness as an RPG, but so far not many games have perfected both an amazing, graphically outstanding adventure style game and a game in which is very politically (by any sense of the word) challenging.

The best of the mixture I found in the recent years was Fable 3, although not a very long political run to it, as it is towards the very end of the game, and not very detailed in that aspect. Sure you can levy taxes maintain your infrastructure and what not but there is no random occurances, it's all based on your action.
  3. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Yeah. Fable is said to be a terrible series, but I find that it includes ideas that other RPG developers should take on.
    Real estate, taxes, a diverse economy, bigger battles with more combatants. The other developers should be including stuff like this.
  4. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    They should be, but not focus entirely on it, have something like multiple factions, diplomacy with them, a democratic government system (or, one of your choosing).

That, that would be a game I would pay full price for (Of course, I will inquire heavily about the gameplay, not just the ideas in it).

Now, on topic, I went to the very first farm I had been at after starting the game, and their plants had been replaced, and it allowed me to pick them and sell it to the farm owners again.

I checked the mines as well, hopeful that it had finally happened, after literally two months in game time. Unfortunately, there was nothing, nada.
  5. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Ugh. Then they will need to patch or mod the mines. Its rediculous not to have them regenerate.
  6. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    It is out. I said it wasn't out for the US yet but would have been for you. Now it is out for everyone.
  7. SPARTAN_KING1178 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I have it on PS3 aswell, the only time when it lagged pretty major in skyrim for me was when i had my PS3 on for like 6 hours straight. So i shut it off for like 5 minutes and came back and it was fine.
  8. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Alright, one of the mines have finally been replaced!

From what I can come of it, the first time you return after initially mining it out you will find bandits, no ore. Clear them out and leave and wait another two weeks or whatever in game time and return to the mine, you will find ore, and no bandits.
  9. Uberotaku001 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ores appear to need about a month to regenerate.
  10. Vamuke Member

Message Count:
    The ore system doesn't bother me all that much, much easier and quicker to just buy them
  11. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Depends on your currency level.
  12. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Sure, stuff like Iron, yeah, but only for the purposes of hastily increasing your smithing skill.

Stuff like Corundum ore, Quicksilver, the more expensive ores are the problem though. It doesn't make a shit load of money right off the bat, but you need to sell stuff to raise your speech level so that you may sell items at higher prices, and buy at lower prices.

I'd be damned if those kinds of ores didn't replace itself.

Edit: It's not like it's a huge problem if you lose ten thousand coins because of this, but I want to make the best possible use of everything in the game, so that I may own everything I can. It's just a personal goal of mine.
    Imperial1917 likes this.
  13. Vamuke Member

Message Count:
    Well in Whiterun I manage to buy all the ores, craft items, sell them all and in the end the Smith is out of money and I need to store some of my crafted goodies
  14. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    The point in trading with those particular vendors for me is, to increase my smithing skill. I had bought out all of the stores in Whiterun of their iron ore + mined out all of the ore in some of the mines and I got my skill to level 63 in making iron daggers, which were sold for, I think it was, 4 gold coins per item. Not that much money returned to my hands.

That was a few days ago, now I can make Glass stuff and on my way to Dragon armours

By the way, are Dragon bones and scales used for making Dragon armour? I've stockpiled around 60 of each so far.
  15. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Yes they are and you will be able to make a full set of both dragon plate and dragon scale armor with that stockpile.
  16. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    Dragon armor armor ftw, oh BTW what level are you guys and how many total hours played?
  17. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    After the new patch I started over to be on the safe side. My new char is level 20 atm.
  18. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Out of curiosity does set difficulty level impact your leveling up? Next your thoughts on the civil war?
  19. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    I keep it on adept, always have. I level up fine but I don't know about other difficulties. I think the civil war is really interesting and fun and adds even more to the already massive amount of replay-ability. All of my Nord chars will be Stormcloaks and every other race will be Empire. Makes the most sense to me from a RP perspective.
  20. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Yeah right now i went with a RP point of view and made my main Nord go Stormcloak, i was going to support the imperials however there support of the dreaded thalmor and there banning of the worship of talos is a insult to all true Nords, and i will give my life for the cause of Ulfric Stormcloak the true high king of Skyrim.