Some suggestions for forum rules.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Redbullk1d, Dec 16, 2011.

?

Whould You like these changes implemented?

Yes 3 vote(s) 30.0%
No 6 vote(s) 60.0%
They need more work and/or consultation 1 vote(s) 10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yes, but what about primates? They are intelligent. And crows. Coming to think of it, dolphins too. And dogs. And arguably cats. Your reasoning is flawed.
  2. Redbullk1d NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    Shit Sorry didn't realise I was watching a Smosh video inbetween typing.
  3. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    No big deal.
  4. Redbullk1d NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    I know they are classed as intelligent but its not the same Intelligence, but please can we stop with the animals now its supposed to be about the new rules I wrote. Please!
  5. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    If you don't want to keep talking about animals, then ignore Toast talking about animals instead of responding. I wont mention it any more either.
  6. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    So about the animals :D but no really I get what your trying to do, but its just something i'm not one to support, if the mods think your a doing against the rules then they will ban you and if not they won't.
  7. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well why did you bring up animals in the first place?! People obviously are not going to let blatant injustice against animals go unchecked. Pick on someone your own size.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is basically the system that we already have in place. Making more "elective representatives" simply won't work.
  8. Redbullk1d NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    I am not meaning to offend but mods aren't elected and don't neccarily represent the views of the forums, aswell there aren't loads of them all this idea was to have an elected separate entity with empathy and personal views in mind.

I understand nothing will happen cause no one cares any more but ah well.
  9. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    You bring up a point, Should mods be elected?

Not that there going to give up the power they have.
  10. Redbullk1d NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    Thats what I am saying, mods wont give power so we have to create a seperate entity.
  11. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Mods are fine. Just get rid of one or two. There's no need to "elect" them. Tribunes don't even work.
  12. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Even with a separate entity they will still not be as powerful as the mods which have been selected by the tryrant Stalin to subdue the population to his will, and.......ALL HEIL THE MODS.
  13. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    You mean like Tribunes they are elected and represent the people.
  14. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Tribunes are fakes, implanted by the mod army to quell the population who want real democracy.
  15. Kalalification Guest

These suggestions are dumb. Personal insults are already against the rules, as per Rule 1. Pointing out grammatical mistakes is not only useful, it has no downside. Coffeehouse posts are mandated to at least follow some extremely basic and incredibly simple rules anyways.

About adding people just to review insults; well that idea would be directly harmful to the ability of the moderators and administrators to enforce the rules fairly because a bunch of hooligans will start throwing out random unprecedented decisions that upset everything in the status quo.

As well, I seriously doubt someone is slipping into a state of mental instability because of anything I've said. Worst thing I do (according to those unwashed masses, anyways) is point out that people can't spell properly or form simple sentences, despite having English as a first language. Ronald has English as a third language, and yet he's probably the second most literate person on the forums (after me, of course), and virtually all of the other non-native speakers are more competent than the natives. With these sorts of goings-on, my grammar Nazism is a necessary evil, if we consider it an evil at all.
  16. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    I think he wondering more stricter enforcement of the rules, however I like it the way it is of now. Honestly it's like people are taking criticism and relating it to a personal attack and getting all up in arms about it.

If a mod views something as an insult they will remove it, if they don't they will not remove it. However I'm curious if mods apply the same rules to each other or are more lenient in this. More administrators for the entire purpose of checking over insults is beyond stupid and especially when elected by us hooligan communist nut jobs.

If someone is, then no matter what you do there going to hit that state. So who gives a fuck.

Yeah I agree we can't spell worth shit, and yes you do point it out way more then anyone else. But if you didn't then where would we be?

Ah Ronald speaks like how many languages?, also stop stroking your E-penis because you have great grammar.

Ah yes the necessary evil debate, honestly as long as you don't become an ass about it, I'm cool with you emforceing the policy of the grammar Nazism against us illiterate Jews. or whatever the correct term is.
  17. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    Look at the name of the site. What does it say? We should count ourselves lucky to have Tribunes at all.
  18. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Honestly I find the Tribune system to be a waste of time, it's trying to appease the masses to make it look like they have some sway or someone in power that will represent them. I say let us all give thanks for the mods for even creating the illusion of representative democracy.

ALL HEIL THE MODS, WHO ARE ALL GREAT AND EQUAL......EXCEPT (insert you least favorite mod)
  19. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    The reason it doesn't appeal is because you don't treat it like something serious. People treat it like a popularity contest, and if they keep doing that, things will never change.
  20. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    "you" I never treated it like something serious because it litterly is a popularity contest, and I disagree with it. To be honest I want Ronald to be a full mod and not this stupid bullshit Tribune.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.