SPACE MARINES!!!

Discussion in 'Current and past videos' started by Lighthouse, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Comrade Temuzu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    To answer your question about the Imperium of Man, I do believe that even though the Imperium has seemingly limitless manpower and resources, quantity doesnt instantly win battles, especially if for example the Orks have seemingly limitless numbers aswell :lol: Dont think there have been many times when the Imperial Guard have won wars by themselves and without the Marines help.

Plus theres the awesome Necrons who will fuck anyone up.
  2. Maddog95 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Except when you ram a Battle Barge into them.
  3. mdhookey Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I love the Warhammer 40K universe and its huge collision between science fiction and fantasy. I love the fact that it's set so far in an almost unthinkable and distant future. Probably the closest comparison I can think of is the Dune universe.

I like how Imperium of Man is uber-death obsessed. Just watch Stalin's lets play and notice how prominent human skulls are in everything, from architecture, recording devices, to the Ultramarines' uniforms. It's a gigantic feudal, totalitarian, highly-militaristic, quasi-fascist galactic nightmare empire straight from an H.R. Giger painting.

Chaos also interests me. Chaos is the ultimate irony in the Warhammer universe, because its paranormal powers and gods are fed and created by all the negative emotions and actions of the species throughout the galaxy. Because the Imperium and most of the other species strive for extermination, vengeance and the rivers of blood of their enemies, they inadvertently help Chaos get stronger and stronger. They are the hellish inferno that the other races fight by adding more gasoline into the firestorm.
  4. Comrade Temuzu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yeah, but the techpriests of Mars refused to produce more Barges for the Angry Marines after the last incident.

[spoiler:2izc2m5x][IMG][/spoiler:2izc2m5x]
  5. Molotov's Breadbasket New Member

Message Count:
    I just wanted to say that Stalin's lack of Imperial faith was quite disturbing. If he had recanted more battle prayers or Imperial philosophical wisdom during the course of the let's play, he would be victorious in battle, for truly the Emperor protects the faithful.
  6. Molotov's Breadbasket New Member

Message Count:
    I always thought that basically yes Chaos is fuelled by ultimately human emotions, even though Eldar played a role in Slaanesh's creation, Nurgle Tzeentch and Khorne all took a sentient form by the end of the middle ages on Terra in the Warhammer40k timeline, which is highly coincidental to say the least.

Eldar and Tau and such are quite insignificant races in the intergalactic sense (in the psychic potential of the race) compared to the vastness of the Imperium that the human race is ultimately responsible for the continued strength of the Chaos gods. The other numerically powerful races in warhammer 40k, Orks and Tyranids presumably don't contribute in the same sense. Tyranids have their god (the hive mind) and Orks have Gork&Mork.

I think it's a much more symbiotic relationship, Chaos would be unable to exist on its own, in it's current from without the Imperium, not to mention that the Chaos gods are all highly competitive and chaotic towards each other. The Emperor is also a deity on the level of the Chaos gods themselves, and still watches over the world in the psychic realm.

Also from what can be gathered from the canon background story, the blind faith that exists in most warhammer races, seemingly has an impact on the real world, which is quite funny, but at the same time awesome.

I just remembered this one Orkish divine intervention during Stalin's LP on Space Marine. Orks have a religion of Gork and Mork, and apparently, from what can be gathered from canon sources, if enough orks wish for something to be so, it will become such, even though individually orkish psychic potential is lower than like the humans, not to mention that the Orkish mind is quite simple emotionally and intellectually. Red colored orkish vehicles go faster and yellow colored rockets explode more violently! The Orks seemingly haven't been able to agree or put their minds to much else than these handful established facts (violent behavior being one as well).
    The more complex Orkish roles, like Mekboyz and Painboyz seemingly derive their capacities from a combination of Orkish faith and a genetic memory strain that the Orkz are drawn towards fulfilling. Orkish technology doesn't work in the same way when operated by non-orkoids. Humans on the other hand, being quite devious creatures, mimic the Chaos gods more accurately I would say.

Basically Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka's Ork Waagh towards Armageddon, his space hulk (space ship that was largely immobile and not controllable) containing the orkish troops was stranded on the journey and was being invaded by warp Daemons. The orks suffered heavy casualties but became stronger and grew larger as they killed the daemons. Eventually the collective Orkish psychic strength from their massiver numbers and orkish "prayer" apparently guided the stranded space hulk towards Armageddon and out of the warp dimension.
  7. storm Member

Message Count:
    The curse of the wulfen, makes them into werewolve like beings and most chance of happening during the final iniation test, but may still happen later on. usaully killed because they are usaully mindless, a lot of the 13th company are wulfen and developed the saying "war within, war without, war eternal" which ragnar blackmane takes to heart in his book series.

the other space marine gene flaw is the blood angels and they basically become vampires, although some regain there minds, such as there legendary chief psyker mephiston who has recovered from the black rage 3 times and is considered the most powerful psyker in the imperium, sadly on tabletop blood angels have 3 spells -.-