The First World War

Discussion in 'Historical Events Coffee House' started by totalwar, Feb 28, 2012.

?

who really won the first world war? The Axis or the Allies?

Axis 13 vote(s) 19.7%
Allies 45 vote(s) 68.2%
The Jews!!! 15 vote(s) 22.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    I'm here for now.
  2. Da Julii Member

Message Count:
    I want to know where your logic is saying that America did nothing to win World War II.
  3. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    lol

You really are pathetic.

They played no part in it except interfering and trying to get some sort of glory from kicking Germany's corpse.
    DutchMasterRace likes this.
  4. Da Julii Member

Message Count:
    Your right a around two hundred thousand Americans didn't die fighting the Japanese.
  5. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    As if Japan mattered.
  6. Da Julii Member

Message Count:
    How could you study history and say that. The arguement you made for the British navy in World War I applys to the Japanese navy in World War II. And without American supplies the war would have been lost period.
  7. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    While I obviously disagree with what you say, I do understand why you think that, and you're right in doing so.
  8. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    While I can say that America had a small part in World War 1, saying that they had an inconsequential role in World War 2 is ridiculous. They were the industrial might behind the Allies. They supplied both the UK and the USSR in their time of need. Without the US, Germany might have been able to defeat the Soviet Union (only a possibility) from the fact that they wouldn't have had to divert troops to deal with Operation Torch, which was spearheaded by Americans, and deal with D-Day, which would never have happened if not for American manpower and industry. And Japan is significant, in the fact that left unchecked, they would grow to be a massive superpower in the Pacific, controlling all the natural resources and raw materials that comes from it. They might have easily been able to overtake all of China, India, Australia, if not for their retarded attack at Pearl Harbor and America's entry into the war, which made sure that Japan did not achieve such a status. And may I remind you that America developed the fucking nuclear bomb that ended the fucking war. V-E Day may be also contributed to the Brits and Soviets, but V-J Day belongs to the America. So they held both bearing in both the European and Pacific Theaters of war.
    Da Julii likes this.
  9. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    Jesus Christ, no. No, they weren't the ones who won WWII. They weren't. They were not. Accept it. The blind nationalism makes me puke.
    Jack118 likes this.
  10. Jack118 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Of course it was the dutch who won WWII, everybody knows that.
    Da Julii likes this.
  11. Dreagon Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    They were very important for their indirect support by supplying the Allies. They also defeated the Japanese on their own so they played a very important rule. But in Europe, I'm glad they liberated us instead of the Soviets, don't get me wrong, it was just piling on. D-Day was just kicking a man who's on the ground, or in this case, half-dead.
    Da Julii likes this.
  12. Da Julii Member

Message Count:
    Okay I want to know how World War II was won without the USA let's make a scenario were America was completely nuteral no supplies left the USA to help the allies and we did not fight Japan across the pacific. How did the allies win the war? Please enlighten me.
    The Shaw likes this.
  13. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    They don't :D
    Da Julii likes this.
  14. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Lots of dead Russians.
    DutchMasterRace and Shisno like this.
  15. Da Julii Member

Message Count:
    Dutch Master Race and Toast I am seriously interested with your arguement that World War II was winable without the USA please explain it to me, I can respect your opinions if there is anything to support your arguement.

Lot's of dead Russians but an atomic bomb that was developed by Germany would have put an end to any resistance also Leningrad, Stalingrad and Moscow may have fallen without American planes and American supplies.

(Double post merged by DMR. One day you'll thank me.)
  16. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    NO DOUBLE POSTING!
  17. Dreagon Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well, I think the Lend Lease Act wasn't as critical as you claim it to be. It also wasn't as useless as other people claim. I think that the Soviet Union would have won and liberated Europe. It would have been more difficult but in the end they would've won. Germany just didn't have the manpower and industrial capacity to defeat the Soviets.
    DutchMasterRace likes this.
  18. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Germany didn't have the time or the resources to set up a program to construct an atomic bomb in the same time that the Manhattan Project completed the atomic bomb.
  19. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    If the Allies did not attack Germany, or rather, if America didn't enter the war, then there are three major things that immediately go in the Nazi's favor:

1. Their ally Japan is given free reign in the Pacific, including all of the oil and mineral deposits necessary to support either an eastern offensive against the Soviets or supply the Germans indefinitely.

2. Germany maintains complete and total control of continental Europe, and all of its industries.

3. Italy can contribute to the assault on the USSR, or, if needed, to the defense of Germany.

Certain negative events also wouldn't impact the Germans in this scenario:

1. No western front means no division of forces or resources away from combating the Soviets. This constitutes an exponential, not linear, increase in the German capacity to break through areas that they had been stalemated at before.

2. No effective strategic bombing campaigns can be mounted against the Germans.

3. No need to divert German forces to the defense of Italy.

4. No need to divert German resources to the defense of Japan.

Additionally, if we are to cast out Lend-Lease altogether, then the fall of Moscow is assured and the Soviet prospects in the war decrease considerably. Both organization of Soviet industry and the reinforcement of the front lines would have been far slower without American supplies and vehicles. Consider also that this is another exponential negative factor affecting the Soviets, because for every soldier they are unable to send to the front and every vehicle they fail to construct, their capacity to resist the Germans both tactically and strategically decreases, and they can only lose ground from there.

Without American intervention in WWII, the Soviets would have lost. At the very least, Germany would not be surrendering unconditionally, and much of Europe would have remained in Nazi hands.

And if you want to fantasize about how you didn't need the US, then consider life under the Iron Curtain throughout the entirety of continental Europe should the Soviets have magicked their way to victory.
  20. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    But the mud!! You forgot about the mud!!
    /d3adtrap

OT: I think the Axis won WWI.