Official Transparency: brought to you by me

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kalalification, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonaldRaygun Futuristic Weapon Wielder/Commie Hunter

Message Count:
    In what way is he using his moderator powers to abuse you? I don't know the full details but I'm pretty sure he has never used his moderator status to cause any of the supposed abuse. That's why you don't have a solid argument for his removal in the first place.
    You need to grow some backbone and stop taking this so seriously. If Kali has admitted that to you it really is no big deal. Most of us literate people hide insults in our posts and there's nothing wrong with it.
    In fact, half of the reason I ever get into arguments is to spot the subtle low blows and respond in kind. You should try it sometimes, it's really fun and stimulating. In fact, try starting with this post.
  2. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    So putting a label in front of a thread is abusing mod powers? He insults people sometimes, I agree. But you can't deny that if he would not be a mod, it won't stop.

Name me one situation in which he abused his mod powers.

So? I choose my words as careful as I can too. I don't see a problem.

He's not a bully. He provokes, but he's not a bully.
    Viking Socrates likes this.
  3. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    No, not putting a label, for me the thread was until he used it to start attacking Ler for trivial things, so he was basically spamming the thread and derailing it from the actual discussion.
    Ler, unfortunately this is true, Kali never used the actual mod powers to take advantage from a situation, I think at least.
    Hiding insults doesn't mean they don't exist, but unfortunately rules don't cover that so I also see no problem in doing it.
    I don't see reason in here, you're contradicting yourself. Kali provokes Ler to put him into a fight, that's clearly bullying, although I like to call it harassment.
  4. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The problem is that you can call a post the most retarded fucking thing in the history of mankind, and everyone who read it will now forever live with a weight of stupidity on their shoulders because of the sheer ignorance it contains but if you call someone a prick then, and only then, is it insulting.
  5. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    You would find that Insulting? when someone questions your rhetoric on the internet?
  6. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    This post is horrible. What kind of dumb ass would find this to be a good post? I can't believe this was posted. In fact, everyone who has read this post is stupider for doing so. The sheer lack of intelligence that emits from this post is horrifying and an atrocity.
  7. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    lol, I see what you did there, sorry but i don't take this serious enough to care about insults.
  8. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You probably would if the post actually meant something. Oh well, it was worth a shot.
  9. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    In honesty I think that you suck, and its rather pathetic for all of you to fight over the opinion and attitude of a certain moderator, while I think we should try and revive the forum clan and gaming threads, but you are all fighting among each other because of the member Kalalification.
  10. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    But that's not abusing mod powers, 'cause people don't need mod powers for going OT. If he'd be taken away mod powers, that's not going to solve it at all, because everything he does is also doable without it. It would only take away a perfectly competent mod.

But I really don't see a problem in choosing your words carefully. I do it too, maybe not to subtly insult people, but at least to make my point clear. I do it conscious, and others unconscious. It's natural.

It's not contradictive. Provoking is using harsh words and not really caring about what people think, bullying is trying to make people feel miserable. And about the 'Kali harassing Ler'-thing, I really don't know. Ler says so, Kali doesn't, and as long as there's no proof, a suspects remains not guilty.

Haha, the irony!
  11. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    I don't know too much about it, but when Ler was trying to resign from his Tribune position, Kali attacked him as always, then Ler said he was having personal problem and then Kali started using that to attack him, I don't know about you but when I have personal problems and people attack me using said problems as an excuse, you DO feel miserable.
  12. TheEmperorAugustus Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    [quote ="TheEmperorAugustus"]Basically, after a decision with a reasonable amount of controversialness the Mods should post, in public for all to view, the decisions of the case. Each Mod involved should give an opinion as to their decision ("Having read the learned comments of my colleague..." will not suffice). Thus not only can we, the people, see the Common Law that is being applied but we can also act as watchmen over the mods.[/quote]

I'm just saying, I recommended something very much like this...
    And you bascily told me it was unneccesary. : )
  13. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    How can a Noble have problems!!?!? can't you make your serfs fix them?
  14. Kalalification Guest

Well your proposal dealt with the judicial side of things, mine with the legislative. Though we are currently discussing how to release official opinions on user cases.
    Viking Socrates likes this.
  15. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    Again, I don't know what happened in there. I wasn't a Tribune at the time, neither am I. We can only speculate based on the claims of both Kali and Ler, which are pretty different. You believe in the version of Ler, and I'm just not sure which one to believe, and I don't think it really matters. As far as we know, Kali is provoking, not bullying.
  16. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    You should in all honesty be thanking Kali for attacking Ler when he tried to resign. Ultimately, it was Kali being an asshole that kept Ler from resigning.
  17. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    Not really since Chelsea was saying for him to not resign as well.
  18. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    Actually you have a point, if more so it was kali being an asshole that might have pushed ler to more wanted to resign.

But we need to contact ler and ask him.
  19. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yes! All this time I was looking for the phrase often used against us. Saying, "oh the irony" was but one of them. Yet, anyone with half a brain could look at the context and find that you have intentionally insulted me. In remark I say,

Are you some sort of fucking douche bag?
    (lol just kidding)
  20. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    But was it not for Kali "psyching him up" so to speak, I believe he would not have remained a tribune.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.