Treatment of New Members

Discussion in 'Archive' started by General Mosh, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    I like how you and link pretty much call the entirety of the forums assholes, then the moment I call you retarded you call me out on it. Does anyone see the hypocrisy? Please tell me I'm not the only one. If you don't like new members lamp, you can leave. Doors right there. So that we can continue to bring in new blood and activity to the forums. You do realize none of us is all that important, you and I, we wouldn't be missed, the forums would keep running smooth. So stop acting like your better than the new members, because by doing that your worse.
    GeneralofCarthage likes this.
  2. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Wow, overreacting much?
  3. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well if us saying bad things about your opinions would have stopped you from learning then that's hilarious and you're pathetic.

But I don't think it would have or it ever did, as I'm sure you got in arguments before. I'm sure there's been conflicts of interest all the time and you had the gumption to survive it and become a more intelligent level headed human being.

So here you are defending stupid people's opinions so that they might stay stupid because we cannot apply pressure to their retarded ideals.

I didn't call the entire forum assholes, link did. Associating me is awfully convenient for trying to pull an argument out of your ass.

I'm not acting like I'm better then new members, have you read a single word I've typed? Everyone here has equal rights, we use them to argue and create the think tank that is this forum. By putting up with retarded idea's like yours here I allow this forum to degrade. I don't need to leave because I have the balls to defend my own opinions unlike the pond scum that we get in who would just leave because someone disagreed with them and worded it in a way that implied they were stupid.

WAAAAAAAAH DEFEND ME OH MOSH, YOU SO RIGHTEOUS.
  4. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Who?
    Back when he joined, as the same with me, people weren't automatically labeled radical "10 year old commies" and told to GTFO when they joined the forums if anything in there ideals contradicted people like Kali, Lamp, Link, etc.
  5. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    I was given criticism, yes. Criticism is different from trying to force people off of the forum however.
    The only person who has ever told me to go die was Che, who told just about everybody to go die. Like I said, I toook heavy criticism, but criticism and outright telling new members to leave and telling them you hate them just because they have opposing viewpoints is not a good way to convince anybody of anything.
  6. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yes they were, we made fun of them quite frequently. However only one person has been told to get off the forums that I can remember and that's recently and that person had no pull - it led to you spaz's creating this thread so I can stomp on your petty white knight scheme and use harsh language all the while.

Also read my reply edited in to that last post, try not to base your argument against ME by using what other people said as my opinion.

Again DD did this once in a recent thread and you two babies cry all day about it. Nobody generally tells people to leave. LMAO

Now stop trying to be all hip and the first one on new issues, this isn't a problem you're just trying to make it one.
    Demondaze likes this.
  7. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    No, no you didn't. Do you know why? Because you were a new member too. And so was I. And so was Demondaze. And so was Link. And so was Sly. Why do you seem to think just because your an older member you deserve more respect? Why do you think that makes you more intelligent?
    Yeah, cause this totally counts as crying. I was simply stating a problem I had with the forums, and didn't even mention you. Yet you come on here to try to tell me why I'm wrong and oppose me. Why? Because you seem to enjoy going on and on about how intelligent you are. And it happens more often than you appear to think

EDIT: I read your reply in the last post. Yes, you have specifically implied in this thread you are more intelligent. YOU, not Link. We all know Link is a troll.
  8. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Who do you think?

[IMG]

Goldstein!
  9. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Both of us, to a point.
  10. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That was my argument you idiot. We deserve to be here because we're not autistic babies who will cry and run away when someone disagree's with us. Not once have I specified that I am more intelligent, give me a quote that collectively called everyone stupid except for myself . I don't deserve more respect; everyone argues with everyone here, even Stalin is challenged all the time because he's on a FORUM and that's what HAPPENS here. If you can't deal with taking criticism to your argument you don't belong here.

I'm telling you your wrong and opposing you because that's what fucking happens when you post an idea on a public forum! That's the point of a public forum! When you post something you can't expect everyone just to accept it, especially since this post is just to bitch.

Also you falsely propagating my supposed narcissism is funny but you have nothing to substantiate it.

Now please actually read what people have to say before you post little one.
  11. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Dude I remember when I was a new member and everybody instantly loved me.

More people should be like me.
  12. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Wrong. Lamp is being perfectly reasonable.
  13. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Your the exception Shaw, the awesome, god given exeption.

@LampRevolt I'm not saying you can't disagree with people. But, when you, well not particularly you, but when many of the older members disagree with new members they just post a couple sentences insulting the newer members intelligence. If your going to disagree, then explain why you disagree and attempt to educate the other person. You don't automatically assume they're retarded because they're not going to get it by themselves, they need help.
    Then again, he is supporting your point of view so....
  14. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    That never happens. Ever. Stop fabricating bullshit in an attempt to give weight to a nonissue.
  15. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I didn't automatically assume they were retarded, I give ample opportunity for these people to come up with a glimpse of intelligence. Nobody just assumes this shit and nobody does anything to new people because their new, you're dreaming this up. For instance with this latest guy the thread was going for several pages and we were asking for him to provide ANYTHING to substantiate his argument, and he proceeded to say WELL ITS OBVIOUS IT WORKS. Then I called him stupid and DD raged.

You're blowing this way out of proportion because your a spaz, period. Lots of new members have come through just fine and dandy. Seriously only historygenius1 and fascistpatriot are being raged at right now and they BOTH have given ample reason to dislike them , the fact is that oldies are the only people active enough to shit on them consistently for how dumb all their comments are.

( if you haven't noticed, virtually all the posts are made by people with over 1000 posts and like at least half a year on the forums)
    Demondaze likes this.
  16. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Well, for one I didn't know historygenius1 was being raged at. Someone provide me a link? That sounds fun. And two, I though FacistPat had left already, like yesterday, but I guess I was wrong. The reason I posted this is actually because many people say the forums are not good anymore, and on sly's thread about the forums best days we kind of agreed we don't have enough new blood coming to the site. The fact is, we are trying to grow, we can't afford running people off right now. Feel free to oppose their views. Don't feel free to call them 10 year old commies or something of the sort. Note that this is not directed at you, but rather towards anyone who has done these things. I, unlike some people, do not simply make up these things in my head. I'm not absolutely batshit insane.
  17. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Alright people need to chill in this thread and not insult others. FascistPatriot was a troll, pure and simple. It was fairly obvious so people were right to act the way they did regarding him.
    The Shaw, General Mosh and sirdust like this.
  18. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:

.... YOU quoted DD word for word from that thread, don't bullshit me.

You are making these things up in your head as we don't have 10 year old commies and nobody has called anyone that. No one runs anyone off because their new, that's just ridiculous and if you can find me ONE actual occurrence I'll believe you. The people sayings these forums are not good anymore include YOU AND SLY prodominately in that other thread you two made about how it's not good anymore! Seriously chill the fuck out and be a gamer and all will be well.
    Demondaze likes this.
  19. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    I don't even recall anyone so much as lashing out at FascistPatriot. So why was he even brought up in this thread in the first place?
  20. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Watch that attitude chelsea, wouldn't want to scare off the newbies.

Because I was struggling to find new people that we are supposedly suppressing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.