Treatment of New Members

Discussion in 'Archive' started by General Mosh, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    FUCK
  2. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  3. shlacka Member

Message Count:
    I'm not going to go though the walls of text for examples of you bashing other people, as plentiful as they are. I've lost interest here, you really couldn't just handle a calm discussion with Mosh.
    General Mosh likes this.
  4. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    No, we need a discussion on this, for you all to see how hypocritical you are.
    I said nothing about any moderators at all. I do not support it when removal threads pop up. This thread was not in response to any incident, but was rather met to be a simple discussion. But because you are all dicks and decided to devolve me and Lamp's at least somewhat cohesive debate into a string of insults and dirt flinging so lock the thread please. I just want people to think more as if they're trying to educate people, not as if you're just opposing an idea.
  5. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Look, I'm not above letting people post their opinions, but I expect some context and understanding of where they are as well as some idea of the potential affect of what they say.

As I stated in another thread, when a person comes onto what is clearly at least not a far-right wing fourms and the first post that I see from them is insulting the entirety of the left wing, of which many a notable and well-valued member of this forums is part of, one cannot expect me not to retaliate.
    I expect new members to have some level of respect, courtesy, and caring, if not intelligence. If they choose to wade into a debate, they need to be ready to expect resistence. I expect people to at least read others' posts and gather some basis for how to approach an argument. If they choose to directly counter the opinions of others, then that is something that should be responded to. If they choose not to prepare, that is their problem, not mine. I will give to them what respect they earn and attempt to be courteous, even as I am ripping apart their arguments, but I will not simply back down because they are new.

That does not mean that I am devoid of willingness to give quarter. Sometimes I have refrained from engaging a shiny, new member in a debate, but I will not always do that.
    General Mosh likes this.
  6. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Locking on request of the OP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.