War With Iran - The Wheels Are In Motion

Discussion in 'The Political/Current Events Coffee House' started by D3VIL, Nov 3, 2011.

1. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    Russia and China might speak out against US if they illegally invade, but they wont support Iran.

This is partly true. US and its aggressive foreign policy... But then again Russia is the only nation that can beat US in a war and they are not allied. I guess this is kinda ok, but if you think of it: Finland does not build defensive missile shields, even if we share same border >.>
  2. matthewchris Guest

Oh man, this is going to be fun to dig through.

If Iran was a full member, that might be more significant. For now though, it's pretty irrelevant.

Do the math here. Abundant trade with the world's largest economy, or under the table weapon deals and gas from Iran? I shouldn't have to spell out for you where their priorities are.

Sensationalism has no place in a debate, but all that nonsense is irrelevant. Even if all that was 100% (it isn't) Russia would still not see that as ample justification for war, or even reasoning to openly support Iran.

It wasn't like the Americans were shutting them down, or the Rebels were. I don't know if you knew this, but shit tends to close up when there is open war in your country. They probably moved somewhere more profitable.

Haha, no. Chinese companies are investing in Africa because it's profitable. The labor is cheap, they don't have to give them any benefits, and I doubt the nations are taxing them very much. But in America, Britain, France, and all those jazzy places, we have regulations, to prevent companies from exploiting Africa like he Chinese do. If anything, China is like the bully in Africa. The small nations of Africa have no choice but to give them what they want, for little compensation, or else face financial collapse. The Chinese are smart though. They've figured out a way to harvest Africa's abundant resources, and keep all those nations on tight leashes, just giving them enough to keep them floating, so they can continue to be exploited.
  3. Artismoke Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Part of me doesn't want to see a war happen. But another part can't fucking wait for Iran/Israel to destroy each other. Chemical/biological/nuclear popcorn party for all.
  4. SovietEmpireUSSR Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    If war was to break out between Iran and the US, then Russia would retaliate in some fashionable form, or relations would become progressively worse. Same case with China.

I wouldn't know Finnish and Russians relations, but i would guess it would be on a good scale. US foreign policy is designed for one goal 'World Domination'. Placing missile defense shields is only put Russia into submission, but don't worry, Russia has already announced a counter to that though. Man, this just reminds me of Cold War 2.0.

Iran, still a big player in the SCO, so its relevant. Attacking a key component in the SCO would only anger the rest of the organization.

I assume you would be talking about China in this part, well yes the country is self-sufficient, and yes it does rely on abundant trade with the United States, but still rely heavily on materials coming from Iran. So, losing one of your key regional players would only incite anger in China and Russia.

All firms got shutdown from the constant warfare in Libya. However, that gives a bonus to the Americans and NATO nations.

Just the nature of capitalism you could say. A few countries that used to be industrial superpowers are now struggling through a depression, but in other hand you've got other countries like Turkey, Brazil and China creating monopolies in continents like Africa. However though China has brought good things to the continent of Africa, but at the same time you've got the exploitation of Chinese companies. What's worse. Being kept in a cage so to speak by China, or being physically attacked by Western powers? Still, it's nothing better for you to exposing the true nature of capitalism.
  5. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    I highly doubt this

We have very friendly relation ship
  6. Kalalification Guest

Soviet, provide some actual evidence for your ridiculous claims.

But, back on topic, an IAEA report was released today which all but confirmed that Iran is building nuclear weapons. Iran has been testing models of nuclear explosions and experimenting with nuclear triggers. The UNSC has yet to decide what their response is, but it seems likely that it will be another tier of sanctions.

EDIT: Also, SPQR, your claims are patently false.

And to Byzantium, the Ayatollah has lost a considerable degree of authority since Ahmadinejad took office. The Ayatollah has the support of (some of) the Iranian people, but the Revolutionary Guard answer to Ahmadinejad and he controls the major industries, economic policy, as well as foreign policy in Iran.
  7. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I doubt Russia or China would veto it so I'd agree.
  8. Kalalification Guest

China will be the wild card.
  9. Byzantium's Revenge Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    But is it not true that the president can be overruled by the Ayatollah in any situation?
  10. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Isn't the UK , US, and isreal planning some sort of attack on the plantation? Thats what our news said... althought it got me thinking why would they anounce that? Is this just the retarded local paper failing or has this been confirmed?
  11. Kalalification Guest

Technically, yes, but the Ayatollah does not exercise that power. As well, Ahmadinejad has stayed within the Ayatollah's boundaries for the most part, and I don't think he plans to directly challenge the guy. But make no mistake, the Ayatollah isn't the one who's actually in charge in Iran.
  12. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    So if the President went outside of the boundaries the Supreme Leader would be powerless to stop him?
  13. Kalalification Guest

I think that he would have a legitimate legal capacity to do so, but his ability to enforce that decision is lacking.
  14. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/09/russia-rejects-iran-sanctions-nuclear
  15. Kalalification Guest

What do you know, Russia turns out to be the scoundrel here after all. And frankly their justification is bogus; there's nothing that says UN nations can only sanction up to the point where it doesn't harm the regime's legitimacy. In fact, that's kind of the entire point of sanctions.
  16. matthewchris Guest

I like that they threw a Israeli guy in there, at the bottom. Just to mix things up a I guess.
  17. Kalalification Guest

Even the UN has a token Jew.
  18. Warburg Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well Israel has talked about a possible attack, but I dont think the other powers have.
    Nitpick: You mean a plant not a plantation. A plantation is a place where you grow some sort of fruit etc.

Questions: What sanctions does the EU push for against Iran and will they make a (notable) difference?
    Is this a good thing for Israel as the spotlight will shine on Iran(and will they look like the bad guys)
  19. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    On other powers planning attacks, see page 1 first post.
  20. pottman Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Everyone in this thread is so sure that war is inevitable