What is your personal 'philosophy'?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by ClaymanV, Feb 23, 2012.

1. ClaymanV Member

Message Count:
    ^^

As the title indicates, what is your personal philosophy towards life and people?

Here's a small summary of how I try to live me life: Personally I believe that in order to see the world for what it really is we must learn and do a lot in our life. We must meet all sorts of people, and be all sorts of people. I also believe that with this "stepping into another mans shoe's" we can/will reach a better understanding of those around us, those before us, and those after us. Also, I take heart to the age old rule "Treat people how you want to be treated" and that apply's to me for everyone. Basically if you're nice to me, i'll be nice to you. If you're an ass to me, i'll be an ass to you. Along with that, I will talk and try to be the friend of anyone. Chivalry is also a must. I say respect people for what they are, not what you find wrong with them. Greatness can be found in everyone, but is so often brought down by others.

That's just a general summary of my "philosophy."
    Share yours?
  2. bender Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    dont be an arse, thats my philosophy
  3. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    My view the world is never fair, and divided as future leader of the world I will unite the world.
  4. Uncle Joe Member

Message Count:
    to make as much money as i can, and make as many people happy as i can
  5. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    I am a communist, traditional feminist, bisexual, Christian.
    My personal philosophy is to tolerate all none harmful beliefs and actions. For example, I am fine with any religion, just not the fundamentalists and extremists. I am also perfectly fine with Atheism, just not militant Atheism. I do not attempt to convert anyone from any non harmful belief and I never will. I am a strong believer and supporter of equality in all things. I believe gay marriage should be allowed but we shouldn't force churches to marry them. I also belive that as long as all parties are legally consenting relationships with multiple partners are ok. I believe in putting others before myself and being dedicated to those you call friends. I strongly believe everyone should have a mind of their own, not solely base their views on a book (including the bible and other holy books) or the teachings of another and not to blindly follow such things but rather to have an open mind and figure out what is right to you. I am mostly a pacifist but I most certainly support self defense. I believe everyone should have the right to chose what to do with their own bodies. Finally I believe that we should all support a separation of church and state but I do not think we should attempt to harm anyone's ability to practice their religion beyond that.
    bender and GeorgykZhukov like this.
  6. ClaymanV Member

Message Count:
    Chelsea, i feel very much the same way on almost everything up there. We need more people like you in the world....you should move to the US :p
    Chelsea366 likes this.
  7. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    I live in the US.
  8. ClaymanV Member

Message Count:
    Oh, my bad. Seeing "New Queen of the Dutch" i assumed the Netherlands :p hahaha.
  9. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    I may live in the US but the Dutch are my chosen people and are worthy of praise. That being said I am not Dutch, I am half Japanese and the other half traces back to a mix of British roots. xP
  10. C_G Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I intend to live my life like everyone else does. So long as I have someone to love, food in my stomach and a reasonable income I shall be a happy man and consider myself lucky for being part of the smaller proportion of people that don't live in fear of famine, drought, disease or oppression. If I can complete my life like this then I shall be happ.

Oh, I also want to write a book.
  11. Uncle Joe Member

Message Count:
    i love the Dutch
  12. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Ever read "Walk Two Moons"? That's my philosophy.
  13. ClaymanV Member

Message Count:
    hahaha, thats quite interresting :p
    I myself actually have dutch heritage... i know very little about the dutch, but i have the blood, therefore, i am :p
    Vulcan200x likes this.
  14. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    For all Freud's craziness, he believed the best life to live can be summed up in three words, "Love and Work." And that about sums up my personal philosophy and how I want to live my life.
    ClaymanV likes this.
  15. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    “I invented nothing new. I simply assembled the discoveries of other men behind whom were centuries of work. Had I worked fifty or ten or even five years before, I would have failed. So it is with every new thing. Progress happens when all the factors that make for it are ready and then it is inevitable. To teach that a comparatively few men are responsible for the greatest forward steps of mankind is the worst sort of nonsense.” -Henry Ford
    slydessertfox and ClaymanV like this.
  16. Spartacus Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    This pretty much sums up my philosophy, except I am not really a pacifist, if someong seriously wrongs me or someone I care about, I have no qualms starting a fight with that person, but other then that, I agree.
  17. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Well if someone physically harmed or tried to harm one of my friends or loved ones I would instantly become a whole lot less pacifistic but that's why I said mostly. I think most of us are that way. I mean I am against aggression in most cases.
  18. Spartacus Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well I tend to take it a little farther, if someone I care about is harmed(and that does not have to be physical) then I have no problem starting a fight with whoever harmed them,
  19. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Well I will most certainly tell someone they're a piece of shit if I dislike them but actually getting in a physical fight would require something that I mentioned above more than likely. I have been a martial artist for most of my life and the biggest lesson I had instilled was don't start fights. I may say I'd love to beat the shit out of so and so but odds are I really will not unless provoked by violence.
  20. Spartacus Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I am not saying I would just go up and punch them, I confront them for whatever they did and if they don't want to apologize or try to make up for what they did, then I don't see anything wrong with fighting them. However I have actually been taking martial arts(shouthern style Kung Fu) for a little over a year now and I understand what your saying, most martial arts teach to only fight in defense including mign. But I just can't find anything wrong with throwing the first punch if he has wronged me or my friends.