What is your personal 'philosophy'?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by ClaymanV, Feb 23, 2012.

1. RickPerryLover strawberries oh sweet Jesus strawberries

Message Count:
    Hmm, personal philosophy? Work hard, "what ever you are be a good one", uphold the faith, fight for my beliefs. That is the general outline of my philosophy.
  2. Uberotaku001 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Don't be a dick intentionally.
    bender and slydessertfox like this.
  3. freeman12 Well-Known Member

Message Count:

This
  4. shlacka Member

Message Count:
    Personal freedom before anything else, except for people I care about. I try to be understanding and considerate, but if I'm being silenced or controlled, I don't have a problem responding aggressively. That being said, I'm generally an agreeable sort of person.
    Daddy92 likes this.
  5. TheEmperorAugustus Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Essentially, meritocracy.

Of course true meritocracy requires a massive social change, with the state being responsible for doing all that is possible to alleviate the cruel randomness of birth. Ultimately, in such a system those with the ability and the will will ascend. While those less skilled will live comfortable live to those of the greatest merit will go the greatest luxury; encouraging a competitivness at least until we can obtain a post scarcity system.

On that note, I believe we need to take drastic steps to reduce Earth's population.
    I'm a literal social contractist; a physical contract laying out each denziens core responsibilities and privilidges should be signed at age of majority, or the person be sent to live in a state of anture.
    I strongly hold to the idea that humanity's destiny lies in the stars.
    I'm pro-human unification.
    I'm for complete state nationalistion
    Philosophy is every bit as challenging and neccesary as science.
    I will advocate the active defence of this doctrine should it come to power, by whatever means including pre-emptive stikes.
    I believe that the franchise should be limited to those who have completed a term of public service.
  6. BleedingHeartCaptain Member

Message Count:
    I'm a secular humanist with a mix of a bunch of other ideas and philosophies

I personally don't see the point in following any type of deity and to me it seems like just comfort for people who are, understandingly, afraid of the unknown and what happens after death. I don't have that fear in fact I find not knowing things to be very exciting because I like to learn about new thoughts, ideas, inventions and theories. I believe in strictly following the ideas of reason and logic.

I strongly support the idea of humanity becoming unified whether under one system of government or just an interdependent system that prevents internal warfare between soveregin states. Maybe even a mix of the two.
    I believe that this world is the only one we have and that no one should squander it because you won't get another chance.
    I believe that humanity much of its attention towards the progress of medicine, astronautics, biology, robotics, and philosophy.
    I believe the Terran sovereign state should be governed as an Emperor or a head leader of humanity in order to push us forward.
    I also think there should be a governing body to speak for the people and have the people have certain privileges guranteed to them such as the right to speak freely as long as no harm comes to others directly because of thier speech, that everyone is treated as an equal as a human being not to be judged on anything such as race, gender, etc.
    I also want a world military police capable of putting down violent uprisings in order to keep the system of government stable and progressive. The police, however, must be thoroughly checked and not be allowed to be misused or abused by any government figure.

To end my rambling on a world government ideas I'll stop here.