Why should you vote Ler? (ComradeLer's Campaign Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ComradeLer, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    Greetings, fellow forumites.
    As you probably do know, I, Comradeler, have been chosen by the people as a candidate for the honorable position as the Peoples Tribune for our community.

My goal, if elected as a Tribune, will be to forge a greater, fairer community, for all members.
    My leadership style can be best described as anti-bureaucratic, and moralistic. What I mean by this, is that I shall view each person as a person, and not as a statistic. I shall treat each case according to the needs of the person, and the forum, rather than according to the ‘Book’. I shall stand up for each and every member, no matter what their belief, I shall consider it my duty that no person is unfairly harmed, whether through ban, or real life aspects.

I promise that I will do whatever it takes to reveal to the forum what is going on in the ‘Backroom’. I will fight anti-transparency, and any unfair judgements called by the moderators. I promise that I will not make decisions to benefit myself, or any other persons without the full consent of the people of people of the forum.

I –will- act as a true representative of the people, and by the people. If I am elected, the voices of the people will not go unheard. Capitalist or Communist, Bronie or Non-Bronie, Trek or Wars, Left or right. I will act upon your needs, the needs of the people.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    If elected, I promise to campaign for the following legislature into the rules, or constitution.

1 – I will fight to allow all those who have banned the right to run as Tribune, or other future office. The system I propose will allow all people who have had a tier 1 ban (7 day or shorter) to run for office. The current law would be lowered to Tier 2 bans ( 30 day +) and above.

2- I will work to change the current double-posting rule. My plan is that a person will only get a warning if their posts remain undeleted after 48 hours. This would protect those who may have double posted on accident.

3. I will also advocate an increased signature size. I believe that doubling the current size of allowed signatures will do little harm, whilst allowing greater customization of each person’s space.

4. I will propose term limits to the office of Tribune. My plan is that no person may serve as Tribune for more than two terms at a time. After the end of the second term, the Tribune serving will be banned from running in election. After a term length, two months of not holding office, one may be eligible to run in election again. I feel this is a vital policy to ensure against corruption, and that all people’s voices are heard.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    As many should know, I am largely responsible for the current reforms. With my Comrades, we together fought against the old system, and those who enforced it. But, the battle has not ended now. If we do not remain Vigilant, we could very well find ourselves in the same situation, or perhaps worse. You can trust me that I will not give in to become a puppet of corruption, or greed, and that I will continue to oppose anybody who does. I will fight for the people; I will listen to the people. I will serve the people. I am a candidate of the people.

I would like now to ask you, the people, for your opinions. How do you believe the system needs being changed? What can I do for you?

?Vote Progress - Vote Ler!
  2. CheFlegel New Member

Message Count:
    Don't be a Nazi, Vote The Ler Party.
  3. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    It wouldnt mean being a Nazi but to Comradeler I say I am very impressed
  4. Lennins Beard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Hmm, some of this stuff isn't insane. I'll consider it. But I still think Che needs power, VOT SOVIETEMPIREUSSR! A VOTE FOR HIM IS A VOTE FOR CHE!
  5. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Why do you want a vote for Che?
  6. Lennins Beard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I've embraced the madness! Also, I'm required to support fellow Bronies, as set in the Brony code made by the Bronazis at Equestria Daily.
  7. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    Thank you, friend. If you have any suggestions, feel free to put them to me. :)

I will take that as a compliment. But if I may add, both Stormfront and Che support me in the election. Though If you have any serious questions or ideas to put to me, feel free. ;)
  8. SovietEmpireUSSR Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    VOTE FOR COMRADELER!
  9. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Impressive Ler. Vary well played.
  10. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    *waits for demondaze to make a mind blowing article on why he should be elected*
  11. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    1 – This I agree with unless it was for insults and/or 2nd and 3rd tier offenses.
    2- Why?
    3- It was by accident it would be identical and we would know and not warn them.
    4. I think this is how we already go about it.
    5. Why do you want sigs bigger?
    6. I was thinking about this.

Note: these are my opinions are these issues.
  12. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    well we know the mods arent voting for ler
  13. Lennins Beard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Next election imma gonna run as a joke candidate!

But, if elected, how are you going to handle violations of a personal nature?
  14. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    We'll handle that.
  15. Lennins Beard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I should restate that: Will you make any changes to those rules?
  16. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    I should restate that: Will you make any changes to those rules?[/quote:11nvalg6]

Again that would bring up a question of why?
  17. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Why does he need a reason? It should be a simple yes or no question
  18. SovietEmpireUSSR Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You didn't seem impressed with Comradeler stunning work, but your one of those Moderators which doesn't seem to agree on anything we say.
  19. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    I guess I should get on that eh?
  20. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Even though I am extremely impressed with ler, I am still gonna vote for Link

Indeed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.