World War 3

Discussion in 'The Political/Current Events Coffee House' started by GreatGranpapy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    We are officially allies with Pakistan. Therefore, we would not support either nation.
  2. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    We are only allies in name with Pakistan, nothing else. In fact, India going to war with Pakistan would be the perfect excuse for America to break their alliance with them and support India.
    GeneralofCarthage likes this.
  3. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    No. You obviously have absolutely no idea how international relations work. You don't just break off with your official ally and support their enemy.
  4. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Then you haven't played Total War.
    Shisno, General Mosh and Spartacus like this.
  5. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Pakistan wants to break off with us just as much as we do with them.
    I hope that was sarcasm.
  6. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It was.
  7. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Ok that's good. If you were being serious, I was about to fly over to Lima, Ohio and wack you over the head with a frying pan. =P
    General Mosh likes this.
  8. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
  9. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Let me rephrase that. Pakistan wants to leech off of the US as much as they can. Other than that, Pakistan wants nothing to do with the US.
  10. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Hardly.
    I just don't think that the people of China like Japan in the least degree.
    I know at least one Chinese that would like nothing more than to burn Japan to the ground.

Parhaps it is outrageous (it is, in hindsight, parhaps an overstatement), but even if it proved to be, I can all but guarentee you that the history between China and Japan would have a much greater impact on their relations if China went Democratic. And not for Japan's benefit.

On Democracy itself:
    It is an inefficient method of government in someways, but it is the best in others.
    On one hand, nobody, not even dictators, live completely above the ficklness of the crowd.
    On the other hand, the crowd doesn't always have the right idea.

I disapprove of Democracy in some ways, but bow to the undeniable fact that you cannot rule efficiently without the consent of the governed. And Democracy is exellent at learning what the governened think.
    So in my mind, it becomes a matter of delicately balencing the ability of the people to influence their government to what they think is right and the government influencing the people to see what is the logical path.

That, of course, assuming that the government if just and benevolent in all things.
    Which of course it isn't all the time.
    That is where Democracy itself comes into play.

In the overall balence, I support a Democratic form of government, but with tweeks and balencing.
    Full Democracy is greatly over-rated and misleading.

In China's case, I support whatever the majority of the Chinese people want, be it Democracy, dictatorship, etc.
    As Kali pointed out before, it is a sort of Democratic thinking, but its not support of a Democratic China in of itself.
    I support the CPC basically as far as they currently lead the country without any overt signs that the majority of Chinese people disapprove and/or want a change of government. The Democratic movement, generously assuming their numbers, is less than 1/15th the size of the CPC itself and the party is only 76 million members out of the some 1.3-1.4 billion population. They simply do not appear to have that much domestic backing, or momentum.
    It is, admittedly, a delicate balence and I certainly have posted things that show that the lines between representing what the Chinese government believes, what is, what I believe, and the thoughts of the Chinese people become blurred where they do not dissolve entirely for whatever reason, be it that I believe that they don't exist (which, rare as it is, does occur) or some other reason.
    I would certainly advise the CPC to uptake Democratic-akin features if only to accurately gauge what the population is thinking so they can react accordingly, whether it be to assure the population of the path that they are taking or to change course. The current model is, all ethics aside, itself inefficient to a dismaying degree and unsure.

If you want to discuss it more, open a PM, but I grow weary of circular debates.

*I won't be responding to anyone else's inquiries unless I feel like it, so don't bother posting*
  11. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Which means staying allies. And actually much of the civilian government and the civilians themselves like the US. Unfortunately, the country is increasingly run by the anti-west military. I fear if the military in Pakistan took total control, then they would align themselves with Iran, which could pose a problem. It doesn't help Pakistani opinion on us that we appear to have abandoned the civilians, because the US is scared to try and uphold its double standards for freedom. You know, the ones that say, "You can be free if you want it, as long as you being free will benefit us"
  12. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Pakistan's military will coup I am guessing within the next two years. A war with India would not occur until after that happens.
  13. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Pakistan's military doesn't need to coup, its already pretty much in charge
  14. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Yes but an official coup would put it officially in charge. It's only a matter of time before that happens.
  15. Skyicewolf City States Godmod Patrol

Message Count:
    No, not really. I don't think you guys understand pakistan more then your pretty un based speculating.

>.>
  16. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    We are allies with Pakistan because of the War on Terror. That is as far as our relationship goes. We send them tanks, planes weapons etc. and in turn they "fight" terrorists. But as we all know, Pakistan is in cahoots with Al-Queda, or at least parts of our government, and thus part of tgeir government and all of their military hates us. If there is a Pakistan vs India, we will support India.
  17. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It's like saying we were allies with Afghanistan when we aided them in their war against the USSR.
    Shisno likes this.
  18. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    Excellent analogy. We supported Afghanistan when it was invaded by the USSR because it was a common enemy. Other than that, we had meh relations.
  19. A.A New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks to the U.N., were aliied with both of them. whoever the aggressor is is 'BOUT TO GET DEY DAY FUCED UP!
  20. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    You don't have a damn clue about economics. Do yourself a favor and avoid talking about the subject.