Would you do it?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Showboat0099, May 19, 2011.

1. SPARTAN_KING1178 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    [yt:165qjbpe]0qRK6yJSRR0[/yt:165qjbpe]
    EDIT: I'm too late, damm! :cool:
  2. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    I would never press the button unless my life was threatened.
  3. JewishKamikaze Active Member

Message Count:
    Seeing as any one person has infinite potential and therefore has no monetary price, I'd take the box and smash the businessman who has the box's head in with it and proceed to incinerate the box.
  4. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Of course I'd push the goddamn button, what are you stupid? People die all the time, as a matter of fact, there are multiple people dieing as you read this. And if one more person, whom never had any relationship with me whatsoever, can die so I can become a millionaire, fuck yeah I'd press it! I'm not murdering anyone, someone is just dieing.

Btw, The Box was a pretty gay movie.

Yeah, you like to feel all high and mighty what with your "higher moral standing" and all that, but if given the chance, you, like anyone else with a brain, would press it in a heartbeat. You aren't better than anyone because you're stupid, so stop sucking your cock and become a realist, not a moralist.

That was so fucking funny I cried laughing and my face is numb. Do it again.
  5. LampRevolt Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I feel as if the morality without god argument should have come up by now in this thread.
  6. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    I'd prefer to die than to kill somebody. I'd prefer to have a place in heaven than in hell. Why people can't get their money honestly, but to cheat their way?
    Killing is immoral, anyone that has ever killed somebody suffers from it, the only exception being psycopaths who have a brain disorder and can kill without feeling remorse or anything, they don't have any feelings for other people, only for themselves.
  7. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    How am I cheating? Some guy is going to give me money if I press a button! A fucking button! I'm not killing anyone, he is, depending on my actions!
  8. Kalalification Guest

This is your brain on drugs kids, remember that.
  9. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    I haven't smoked in weeks. And you just like to feel better than other people, so you find things that you consider morally wrong, such as cold logic and marijuana use, and use it to make yourself appear as being above other people.Learn to chill out, man.
  10. Kalalification Guest

Well, yeah, doesn't everyone?

This statement is funny.

My efforts to troll your one-trick pony-ness are apparently failing, or maybe it's considered a success... I don't know exactly, I'd have to consult Toast or Link.

In any case I'm messing with you man.
  11. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Well now I feel like an idiot. I thought you were trolling me the first couple times you were talking about how bad marijuana is, but then you kept going, so I thought you were serious.
  12. Kalalification Guest

It was at this point I figured I had thoroughly exposed my trolling:

13. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    A lot of people almost die working to get food for their families and can't afford a lot of luxuries, you getting one million by pressing a button is cheating because you dismiss those people that work hard.
  14. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Again, as long as there's no reprocussion the fact that it's immoral doesn't matter, it would be like saying not to do something simply because it's the law.

It's the whole, damned for eternity thing that would convince you not to press the button. But assuming there's no Afterlife and no one knows you did it then you'd have no reprocussions. So, why not?
  15. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Let's say some guy showed up to your house offering you 10 billion dollars if you snapped your fingers. Would you do it? It's the same thing. I'm not stupid. Do you think all those people who almost die working to get food for their families would do it? Of course they would. And I think they would be insulted for me not to take it. What kind of rich fuck am I too just deny something like that? Some guy giving someone money isn't a moral crime.
  16. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    Of course I forgot to mention the killing part. You wouldn't be better than any of the worst criminals by just killing random people.
  17. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    I'm not killing anyone. I'm pressing a button, and someone I don't know, whom I've never seen, is dying. It isn't like I'm stabbing or shooting someone. If it were like that I wouldn't do it. I would never kill anyone for money. I'm a pacifist. But I would press a button for money. If some guy feels like he has to kill someone because I pressed a button, that's their problem, not mine.
  18. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Yes but you KNOW that he is going to kill someone if you push that button. So if you do it it is still partly your fault that they died. You are causing someone's death.
  19. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Do you eat chocolate Chelsea?
    http://www1.american.edu/ted/chocolate-slave.htm
    I'm assuming you do. By your logic, I guess we should all stop eating chocolate.

Do you have any diamond Jewelry?
    http://www.un.org/peace/africa/Diamond.html
    Guess those are evil, too.

Do you live in a western nation?
    Your clothes are made in sweatshops by underpaid child laborers under inhumane conditions.

My point is, we have the luxury of living in a western nation. We have access to all sorts of luxurious commodities. More of them than you know ruin the lives of people all around the world, if not killing them. Do you care? Probably. Enough to stop using these luxuries? Probably not. This is no different. Again, you are all hypocrites on your high horse, thinking you are better or smarter because of your flawed morals. You would press the button.
  20. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Shaw, I even posted that I would press the button. I would press it, I just think it would make me a piece of shit. And it's not exactly the same thing, I'm not guaranteed a death if I buy some chocolate.