Your sense of nationlism?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Vulcan200x, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Says the guy who has publically declared his preference to wipe out the Eastern Hemisphere, China, Japan, Korea, ect all.

And there is an increadible amount of contradiction in your claim that nationalism is wrong, whist also touting the US as the savoir of mankind.

I may be racist; I may not be, but your racism is apparent and admitted to.
    TheKoreanPoet likes this.
  2. SPARTAN_KING1178 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    America.. FUCK YEAH!
  3. Kalalification Guest

I just say that to piss you off, and it works beautifully. I don't like China, but I don't have a desire to destroy it either. Conversely, you despise America so much that you deny any association with it and have in the past wished death on its people.

I don't think that at all. But more importantly, that's not nationalism. Patriotism is distinct from nationalism.

You are a self-admitted nationalist, and a racist. You assign traits to people based on where they were born, and what color their skin is. You've already admitted as much. I do not. A person from America is just as likely to be a lazy rapist as someone from China. A person from America is equally as capable of supporting an authoritarian regime as someone from China.

You have it in your head that the Chinese people, nation, and culture are somehow superior to the rest of the world. That makes you a racist and a nationalist, and based on some of the statements you've made to those ends, especially from when you were newer on the forums, a militant one at that.
  4. matthewchris Guest

That wouldn't be a very good rapist.
  5. Kalalification Guest

Speaking from experience, I assume.
  6. matthewchris Guest

Don't think so. Rape isn't really my style. Ronald would be the one to go to for that kind of stuff.
  7. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Nope. I just say that piss you off.
    I can dislike a group and deny association with them. I dislike the US government. Not so much the US people or military. Hating someone takes alot of energy, which I don't have in ample enough supply nor with enough ferver do I dislike them to waste my energy on hating them. Nor do I have the time to hate them.
    They do good things; they do bad things. From my perspective, they do more good than bad, but the bad are ususally on a larger scale and in the scheme of things, they are much more detestable. Quantity over percieved quality.
    Helping starving people in Africa, helping people get their freedom, helping nations get back on their feet: these things are good so long as the people approve of them. +5
    Picking in other countries' affairs when the people don't like it: -20,000
    An obvious exaggeration, but the principle is the same.
    The US has good ideas, but is too hasty. Democracy for China? Maybe. Depends on what the people want after they don't want the CPC anymore. But forcing it on them? NO. NOOOOO. Not good. If you can do one thing to make the Chinese people [or anyone else for that matter] hate you and reject your proposals out of hand, no matter how good they are, it is forcing it on them. Its also known as political oppression and imperialism and is incredibly unpopular.

I deteste forcing people to do things that they don't want to. Sometimes it is absolutely necessary. Other times, it is just bullying people. If you have a suggestion or some good advice, spit it out. But don't expect that you can force people to do something and they will love you and thank you and grovel at your feet. It simply doesn't work that way. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact.

Actually you do.
    Calling out governments on things and then trying to justify it when your nation does it is the same idea.
    You defend their hypocracy.
    Do I do it? Certainly. But I try to amend it later on.
    You, on the other hand, just stick to it and hold that the US never did anything wrong and that everything they did had the right reason.
    The truth is that what is right is relative to your viewpoint, but you refuse to acknowledge that others can and will be able to disagree with you and be right from their own point of view.

Yeah, I do. Me and every other honest person on the planet that is natural.
    Are you telling me that, out of the some 7 billion people on this planet, you alone are not racist?
    When a person walks into a room full of strangers, their mind, whether they like it or not, begins to catagorize everyone immediately. Its part of a person's survival instinct. Racism is partly because people catagorize others based on where they are from, their skin color, etc. so that their surroundings at least seem more predicatable [which, btw, is an essencial element to a healthy mind].
    I am racist. But I try to move past it. Knowing alot of Americans, I know that the stereotypes are nowhere near true. Sometimes I spit out stereotypes as a result of my own desire to make the situation make more sense and sometimes it is just because someone is being an ***hole and I am bantering. And sometimes they are just jokes.
    None of that excuses what I do, but I try to admit it and move past it. Unlike SOME PEOPLE who just deny it in the presence of obvious proof of it.

I would honestly feel overwhelmingly sorry for anyone who was truely not racist. As with an immortal being, they have ascended beyond the point that others can understand and connect with them.

I prefer Chinese people, nation, and culture to others, not believe that they are overwhelmingly superior. There is a vital difference. I have found for myself a group of people [people] that I identify with [culture] in a place that we are with one another away from those who would make us deny what we like in favor of something else [nation]. All people do that. They find where they are comfortable with people that they are comfortable with and endorse that which they are comfortable with. Nations are built by people with something in common and hold together if it is strong enough.
    The ***holes are the ones that try to force them to do what they so clearly don't want to.

If that is racist to you, then by both our definitions, both of us are racist.
  8. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    No point in arguing with him anymore. His account is gone.
  9. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Pourquoi?
  10. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    I used to hate my country. But I find as I get older that my sense of nationalism grows on me...
  11. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
  12. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
  13. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    I feel the same way. Even the people who hated him have to be sad at his departure to move onto greener pastures.
    General Mosh likes this.
  14. Vassilli1942 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Are you talking about the US or did you live in another country because I think you said once that you lived in the UK or something but I could be wrong?
  15. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    He lived in the UK for like 2 years.
  16. Uncle Joe Member

Message Count:
    'MERICA!!! im proud of all our accomplishments, but im also ashamed of the evil acts we did :/

i hate modern america and hope that we can one day become a more liberal, free nation like we were designed to be. i would be truly proud of my country if we became less violent, less corrupt, more scientifically and socially advanced
    General Mosh likes this.
  17. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Im talking about the US. I've always had a nationalistic sense about England.
    Three years =P
  18. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Born in America, lived there for 12 years, and have a sense of nationalism to England. Makes perfect sense.
  19. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Born in America, live here until 2nd grade. Move to England, get 3 years of learning in England, in an English school, at my most impressionable age. Move back to America, and be hated for two years cause I like England better. Yes it does make sense =P
  20. Vassilli1942 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It makes perfect sense, we were once part of the Crown, all hail Britannia.
    General Mosh likes this.